cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access email account VIRGINMEDIA

2scarredhands
Tuning in

For 2 days now I have been unable to access my virginmedia email account. It keeps asking for me to enter my password (on Outlook mobile and PC). I enter the correct password and it says unable to log in. Account worked fine 2 days ago. Tried resetting up account with no luck.

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @2scarredhands thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear you're currently unable to access your emails on Outlook mobile and your PC.  When you say your PC do you mean via our webmail?  Or do you mean outlook on the PC as well?   Is there anything here that could help you?   Also if it is app impacting only, have you tried the following?

• Sign in to My Virgin Media
• Go to Account settings, then Account details
• Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail
• Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Get password
• Continue the flow and a new secure password will be generated, and the mailbox unlocked
• Update any third-party apps that may be use to access your Virgin Media Mail emails with this new app password.

Please do let us know how things go.

Regards

Lee_R

2scarredhands
Tuning in

Thanks Lee.

I can't log in to My Virgin Media. I used to be with virgin media but had to leave as I moved and virgin media is sadly is not available in my area. However I hung on to the email account which has been working perfectly fine for many years until 3 days ago. So I only use XXXX.XXXX@virginmedia.com style emails. Thanks for responding. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The bad news is that the email address has very likely been closed. When you left VM it should havr been closed after 90 days in accordance with the T&Cs, but they were often left open. However VM have more recently been catching up. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Eeek. I hope not, but I suspect you may be correct however in the past my virgin media email account has gone down but recovers, this is the longest time it has been down. Proper frustrating. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

There have been many problems with VM email for the past year, so whatever alternative you move to will probably give you better service. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.