cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly thousands of unread emails, and deleted emails restored.

hankhill
Tuning in

Suddenly, all of my wife’s emails on her NTLWORLD email address have been marked as unread, and every email she has ever deleted has been restored.  She now has thousands of unread emails…  Her email address is a secondary address on the main account.  My emails (same account, different address) are not affected.  It’s the same whether we log in via iPhone, iPad, or via a PC Browser directly to the Virgin Mail site, using both Chrome or Firefox.  Therefore the problem seems to be at Virgin’s end not ours. Virgin, can you help?

10 REPLIES 10

rat-head
Joining in

I also have this issue which occurred today. Also on ntlworld email address, but the primary one on my account.

dchandler1976
Joining in

I also have the same issue on a secondary ntlworld account! Very annoying, any word from VM on this?

Irishjim
Joining in

Have the same issue with a blueyonder email address. cannot use on any 3rd party app i.e. outlook, now asking for IMAP and SMTP password but wont accept password or let me make any changes 

myss
Up to speed

I've just made a post about the same scenario as your wife - ntlworld account and loads of unread emails. No idea why, it was fine yesterday.

hankhill
Tuning in

Good (I think) to know that it's not just us.  Does anyone from Virgin read this forum?

Marc27
On our wavelength

Me too! Happened to one of my family today, over 2000 old emails suddenly appeared & all showing as unread. Ntlworld.com address.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi all,

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome/welcome back to the Forums.

I'm very sorry to hear you've been experiencing some problems with your emails. We're not aware of any issues at the moment that could be causing this. Is anyone able to confirm whether they're still experiencing this issue, and we'll do our best to assist?

If the issue is occurring, are you able to advise on whether this is on all email accounts (primary and sub-accounts), or just individual accounts?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Reece,

I've just replied to Matthew on Forum Team via a thread I started on this subject at the same time as my post. I've not checked today, but Monday night I had to go back to emails as old as 2018 to clear the 'unread' ones, and there were emails unread that were previously deleted, copies of same emails received/sent/drafted, bizarre.

I've not checked today but yesterday I had no reoccurrence of the multiple unread emails.

hankhill
Tuning in

My wife's NTLWORLD email account seems to be OK as of today, the thousands of unread and undeleted emails seem to have gone.  To confirm, this issue was only on one sub-account.  Its worrying that Virgin themselves don't know what caused this, especially as several people had the same problem at teh same time.