cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam / Phishing E-Mails - all similar to each other

markfranklin
Tuning in

I am very careful with my e-mail address and never share it unless for friends/family or a legitimate business transaction.  I never allow it to be shared for marketing, etc.

This has largely kept me free from Spam for 25 years but just recently I am receiving what is probably Phishing e-mails - they are all subtly different but the look of them all is identical - so they must be coming from the same source.

I have used key words etc. in Outlook but that is only partially working.  I wondered if there were any nifty ideas on how to divert them to Spam folder at the Virgin Media account level?

Happy to share details of some of the mails if required.

Thank you very much

Mark

3 REPLIES 3

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Following maybe of help, How to manage my email account | Virgin Media Help section on How to use filtering in Virgin Media mails.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Markfranklin,

Thank you for reaching back out to us in our community, nice to see you again, sorry to see after many years just started to get Spam and Phishing email,  we appreciate these unwanted mails are both time wasting and a pain to get rid of, there are some great hints tips and general support here.

Regards

Paul. 

markfranklin
Tuning in

Thanks both for the very useful information.  I think that some particular "sender" has obtained my address somehow as the mails I am getting are very similar always have something slightly different about the subject / sender address so that adding rules to filter them is very difficult.  They certainly appear to be more of the malicious type rather than genuine nuisance marketing type.  Full of grammatical errors and "click here to win an air fryer" type of thing.  I have followed all the usual guidance and I guess just need to apply the good old Shift + Delete when they come in!