cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing e-mails not sending

Palermo
Tuning in

Probably another thread on a consistent but now really boring issue.

I am having trouble sending emails from my 'blueyonder' email account.

I believe it may of started when a security update was done or the Virgin server has 'detected' a virus of some description. I know I have had to fill out a form when this happened previously but cannot find the location of the form on the Virgin website for the life of me.

I have done a malware sweep on all computers (MACS) that we use and there are no viruses detected.

I have also reset my password and also now set an 'app' password for email.

Am looking for some help so that I can continue to use my email account for both incoming and outgoing mail.

Anyone have any instructions on my next steps or a location where I can find the form that I previously used for the Security team I believe.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Palermo

Sorry to hear you have been having this issue with your Email, its certainly not what we can't to be happening to you.

What I would like to do so we can look into sorting this for you is invite you in for a quick private message, if you have not used this feature before you can access it via the envelope at the top of your screen.

Speak to you soon. Joe

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Palermo

Sorry to hear you have been having this issue with your Email, its certainly not what we can't to be happening to you.

What I would like to do so we can look into sorting this for you is invite you in for a quick private message, if you have not used this feature before you can access it via the envelope at the top of your screen.

Speak to you soon. Joe

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

FYI here is your previous thread referencing the form mentioned, Outgoing e-mail on Mac - Virgin Media Community - 5140247

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Many thanks. I couldn't find this but this is the thread I needed. Form sent. Thanks again.

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Palermo,

Glad we could have that quick private message, if you do have any other queries or questions please don't hesitate to reach out, we will be more than happy to help. 

Joe

Palermo
Tuning in

Thanks for your help....

RayVB
Joining in

This seems to be an ongoing problem judging from the date of the original post.

Starting from a couple of days ago, I have been unable send e-mails via blueyonder. 

They just take up residence in my outbox. 

Is a quick fix available.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RayVB wrote:

This seems to be an ongoing problem judging from the date of the original post.

Starting from a couple of days ago, I have been unable send e-mails via blueyonder. 

They just take up residence in my outbox. 

Is a quick fix available.

Please consider creating a new thread and include detail of the following

• is the issue occurring in webmail and/or an email client; if the latter then which?
  • any error message shown when the message fails to send

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks