cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to access my email

Roberthill0
Joining in

I have a TV/Broadband package with Virgin through which both my wife and I have our own @Virgin.net email addresses.  I also have an @ntlworld.com, which is only used as a login for checking my bill and managing my account.  

Around last Tuesday (6 Feb), I noticed my email address was not working.  I got the following message:

Your Virgin Media Mail account is currently unavailable

This is either because your Virgin Media Mail account is locked, or because you don’t have an active account with us anymore.

If you have an existing Virgin Media Mail account with us, please follow the steps below, as your account may have been locked as a security precaution.

Follow these steps unlock your Virgin Media Mail account

Step 1.
Go to My Virgin Media : to create a new password for your My Virgin Media account. We need you to create a new password for this account as there may have been a security breach.

• Select Sign In
  • Select Forgotten your email or password? under the password box
  • Follow the instructions to change your password

There are further steps but I never got passed Step 1.

When I clicked on "Forgotten our email or password" I was told that they needed to verify it was me and was asked for an alternative email.  I therefore provided an @outlook.com email address.  I waited around 20 mins and when nothing happened I phoned the 150 number for assistance.  They told me there was a technical fault in my area that would take around 2 days to fix.

Two days later it was still not working.  However a message had now come through on my outlook email saying:

Hello,

Thanks for updating your email address on your My Virgin Media account. To confirm the change, all you must do is to verify your email in the link below:

Verify email address

As soon as the email address is verified, your new My Virgin Media email address will be changed to [REMOVED]@outlook.com.

As I did not want to change my email address, I only wanted to get into my virgin.net email I phoned 150 again.  Again they told me there was still a technical fault and that I would get a text when it was fixed.  I pointed out at this stage that my wife's virgin.net email was still working fine.  They said this could happen with the fault.

I waited until Tuesday (13 Feb) but heard nothing further.  I therefore phoned 150 again.  This time I was told that there was a technical issue but that Talk Talk was now managing the service and only they could fix the problem.  I asked for a contact number I could call but was told they did not have one and I would have to google Talk Talk. 

After much trawling I found Talk Talk's customer services number, but that only worked for their existing customers.  There was also a sales number, that had two options, 1 for sales and 2 for other enquiries.  I chose 2 to be then told that that option did not work.

Yesterday (14 Feb), I phoned 150 at 8:00 am hoping to get the UK based helpline.  After 10 minutes of music someone answered to tell me their systems were down and I should try again in 3 hours.  I did that to then get the automated message saying there was an exceptionally long delay.

I then thought I'd try my @ntlworld address.  That gave me the message that those addresses were no longer recognised.  This means that I cannot access my account to check bills etc.

Thus, of my three email addresses, only my wife's works and I can't access my account.

Please somebody help as the 150 people seem to be completely useless!

[MOD EDIT: Personal information has been removed from this post.]

2 REPLIES 2

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Roberthill0.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with accessing your email accounts
I'd like to take a look into this for you.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check your logo at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Roberthill0.

Thank you very much for those details. We got there in the end and I am glad to hear you now have access to your emails and online account.

If you need anything else, please pop back on here.

Gareth_L