cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac Mail Help please

paul_b1
Joining in

I recently gave notice to quit VM and for some reason they turned off my @blueyonder.co.uk address at once instead of 30 days notice. I called and it was switched back on again but in the last 10 days I have had to reset my password at least 17 times and I can no longer send emails from my Mac Mail so something has gone wrong somewhere.

My @blueyonder.co.uk email works on webmail but not on my Mac.

Can someone please give me the correct settings for the following:

I use POP which was working fine until someone hit a button somewhere

Mac Mail - Accounts - Server Settings

Incoming Mail Server (POP)

Username = My email address

Password = As provided by Password App

Host Name = pop3.virginmedia.com or pop3.blueyonder.co.uk?

Automatically mange connection settings = Ticked or Unticked?

Outgoing Mail Server (STMP)

Account = smtp.virginmedia.com or smtp.blueyonder.co.uk?

Username = My email address

Password = As provided by Password App

Host Name = pop3.virginmedia.com or pop3.blueyonder.co.uk?

Automatically manage connection settings = Ticked or Unticked?

Port = 465

Use TLS/SSL Ticked

Authentication = Password

Thank you in advance 

3 REPLIES 3

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi paul_b1, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with accessing your mail via a Mac app. There is a separate password you would need to be able to use email with a mail client or app. If you're no longer a customer then you may not be able to generate this but you can try by logging in to My Virgin Media > Account settings > Virgin Media Mail settings > scroll down to the App password section and click the Generate new App password button. You can use this password for the Mac app. 

If it doesn't work then you can continue to access your mail via the webmail feature until it closes. 

Keep us posted on how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Mart888
Dialled in

Did you find your answer, please? If so, would you mind sharing it with me as Virgin are proving pretty unhelpful. Thanks very much

Hi @Mart888 

Welcome back to the community forums

Sorry to hear you feel you have not been supported on your email concern. 

I can see that you're already in an open private message regarding this concern and we just need to go through account security to be able to assist further. 

if the issues you had with your emails have returned, the forums team member supporting you already on private message, will be able to assist further if you need. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley