cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost emails

Travelman10
Tuning in

Hi,

I have recently found that I have lost my sent emails from before17/1/24. I cannot find them and can confirm that they are not in the trash folder. 
Can anyone help in recovering the emails?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi John 

Thanks for replying. I am using Virginmedia mail for the vast majority of my emails. It is only my sent emails that have been affected. Do you know of a way to recover the lost emails?

Thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Travelman10 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the email issue. Is this via Webmail, third party client or both please?

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John 

Thanks for replying. I am using Virginmedia mail for the vast majority of my emails. It is only my sent emails that have been affected. Do you know of a way to recover the lost emails?

Thanks

What John_GS was asking was if you are accessing your VM emails via a web browser, or a third party application such as Outlook or the built in email application on Apple or Android devices.

The web browser route gives you a direct ‘view’ as to what VM currently hold in your email mailbox, if this is the case and the send items are missing, then, I’m afraid they are gone. I wouldn’t like to speculate as to the underlaying cause, but VM don’t keep backups and hence there is nothing that they can restore - in fact they make it clear in the Ts&Cs that the onus for keeping backups is with you, the customer.

Hi thanks for the information. I do access VM via my VM email in Google. So I have to accept losing my sent emails.

Which is the best way of saving my emails.

Thanks for your help

Thank you for popping back to us @Travelman10 

Have you been able to check the email setting via the online help page here