cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of email account. Noone will help 😡

Paulandkelly60
Tuning in

I got a new phone last week and transferred all of my apps and info across to the new phone. Unfortunately virgin mail didn't work and I needed to log in. My wife and I both tried to log on and it would not let us in. Then we got the following message:

Your Virgin Media Mail account is currently unavailable

This is either because your Virgin Media Mail account is locked, or because you don’t have an active account with us anymore

We have no options what so ever to request a new password, or click forgot current password. 

I rang Virgin on 30th May to be told someone would ring me within 5days as they couldn't work out what the problem is. I've heard nothing from Virgin, so rang today to be told someone will ring me tomorrow. Which is the 5th day (5/6/24). My wife rang as she has authority on our account and initially they spoke to her saying she had passed security but it seemed as soon as they didn't know how to solve the issue they said due to data protection they couldn't speak to her, yet someone would ring her tomorrow within the 5 days to resolve the issue. Wife asked how wouldn't they speak now, but the people ringing back would speak to her. Only for her to be put on mute for 15 mins by the call handler as they didn't like the questions she was asking about data protection and that they couldn't resolve the issues about logging in. So wife had to clear the line. 

All we want is to be able to get into our email account that we share. It has medical appointments, other important personal appointments and emails regarding our sons school. So we need to get access ASAP.  

I can not believe in this world we live in that the locked account cannot be unlocked and no customer service advisor can resolve the issue and just keeps fobbing us off saying someone should ring within 5 days... Of which is the 5th working day tomorrow. I'm not very hopeful someone will ring and resolve this as I've had a poor service in the last 7 days. It's shocking. All I want is access to my families emails. Is that too much to ask? 

I have lodged a complaint... Obviously haven't heard anything as yet. Seems like standard protocol!! 

To summerise I would like my virgin email account to be unlocked, and I do not have the option to reset password. Please help!!! 

8 REPLIES 8

Yes I am, have been for over 15 years!! 🤦🏼‍♂️ Guessing they only like ad help NEW customers!! 

Paulandkelly60
Tuning in

Of note, my wife and I are only 47 and 41 and not beyond technology. We both use IT regularly for our jobs so have a decent understanding of what we are doing. Before virgin assume we are beyond help 😡

Hi this happened to me a while ago. I had to create a separate app password through Account settings on My Virgin Media.

To get the password, follow these steps:

Sign in to My Virgin Media a. Go to Account settings, then Account details b. Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail c. Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Generate new App password and follow the instructions

A new secure password will be generated for you. Your app password can be used for all apps accessing your Virgin Media mail address. If you create a new app password, you’ll need to update all your existing apps with the new password.

Go to your email settings on your phone or device and change the password to the one you have generated 

Hope this works!

Hello, thank you for your reply. It's not taking me to a create new app password when I do this unfortunately. It's rather frustrating. 

Hi, I feel your pain - Can you see this section when you open your account details? 👇
You have to scroll down the page - almost to the bottom -
Then tap ‘manage’ - scroll again to the bottom
Do you see a red button with “generate new app password" ?🤞 

Virgin Media Mail

Mailbox App password management
Manage your Virgin Media Mail App PasswordManage
Help accessing my emailsI need help accessing my emails

Sign out across all signed in

Screenshot_20240605_223421.jpg

I'm now getting this 😡

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Paulandkelly60  The oops message does look like there is an issue with your account.  The VM Forum Team staff should pick this thread up in the morning and will be able to find out what the problem is.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Paulandkelly60 👋 Thank you for your posts and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're having and the poor experience you've had 😔

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner. 

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel