cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email reject by TalkTalk

JMD1
On our wavelength

Have been trying firstly to reply to a friend who uses TT and then secondly sending email and they keep coming back to me saying incorrect address!  She says it is fault at my end as she gets other peoples emails!  Can anyone suggest what is happening please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There was another post yesterday quoting the same TT992 error so I wonder if a VM SMTP range has got onto a blacklist used by Talk Talk @用心棒 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you post a redacted version of the “Mail delivery failed” error email? For example:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

You sent the following message, but this message could not be delivered to all recipients:

======================================================================
Subject: [redacted]
[redacted]  
======================================================================

The following addresses failed:

[redacted]@talktalk.net
    host mx.talktalk.net [62.24.202.42]
    SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<[redacted]@talktalk.net>:
    550 5.1.1 JdE9rGJqprbjB Recipient Invalid (TT506)

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

JMD1
On our wavelength

Hope this is what you mean IMG_1546.jpeg

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The image shows the reason for rejection as  Content, i.e. something in your message is likely triggering TalkTalk's spam filters. Does the issue persist if your remove any email signature and / or URLs from the message?

If the issue persists beyond 24 hours then ether you or the intended recipient will need to raise this issue with TalkTalk, maybe via their forum Home - TalkTalk Help & Support, to correct the false positive rejection of your emails.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There was another post yesterday quoting the same TT992 error so I wonder if a VM SMTP range has got onto a blacklist used by Talk Talk @用心棒 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

JMD1
On our wavelength

Thank you but i alsent a dmail with different conten and that got sane reject reason!   So must not lije Virgin?  Just saw next reply 

Good Morning @JMD1, and thanks for your post on our Community Forums!

Sorry to hear of the issues trying to connect with the TalkTalk E-Mail address.

Can you please confirm if the TalkTalk recipient has reported this to TalkTalk at all?

Thanks,

David_Bn 

the_eyleys
Tuning in

Same problem since yesterday.  And no, she hasn't reported it, is my elderly mother so is unlikely to either

Reporting-MTA: dns; csmtpq1-prd-nl1-vmo.edge.unified.services

Action: failed
Final-Recipient: rfc822;xxxxx.xxxxx@talktalk.net
Remote-MTA: dns; mx.talktalk.net
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 552 5.2.0 KL6crJrZ10UG6KL6crUvMs Content rejected (TT992)

JMD1
On our wavelength

Well seems as if my emils are received now so something must have been cleared!  Thnks for help

Glad to hear this JMD1, please do feel free to reach out if you do need any more help.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?