cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Subfolder Issue - iPhone

Schweppesey
Tuning in

Need help please as VM staff useless on phone.  I can see all of my email subfolders in webmail and all new emails come into my inbox on my phone.  However, when I file them on my phone, they do not appear in my subfolders on my phone, only the subfolder when I log into webmail.

This is SOOOOOOO frustrating.  Please can someone help?

TIA.  Jason

11 REPLIES 11

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is the folder Filtered by: unread on the iPhone, read more here Filter emails in Mail on iPhone – Apple Support (UK)?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

Hi mate.  No, it’s not..

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I am stumped for the moment then as I cannot think of another reason why a message moved on your iPhone does not appear in the destination folder but does so when viewed in webmail.

Hey Schweppesey, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

Are you using the Mail app? If so you would need to sub them again as this is a different app and is also 3rd party it wouldn't save the settings.

We have no control over this sorry you would need to manually do it.

If you are using an Outlook app again this should just save it but it doesn't when you are on the web browser just click file and refresh then open the app it should work. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Thanks Matt.  What do you mean by sun them again please?

Cheers

Jason

*sub 

HI Schweppesey, that would be subscribe - Chris.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the issue remains unresolved then on the iPhone, are the sub-folders (icon and name) shown in grey?

Yes.  I can access existing mails in the folders, but if I try to file a new mail into them, they don’t fall in there.