cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Issues

ten-tenths
Up to speed

Anyone else having email issues this morning. Since 9am I'm getting "server unreachable" on webmail and iphone

40 REPLIES 40

ianjayne
Rising star

Same here in BD2 1LJ with the same answer. Glad to know I'm not on my own. This issue was prevalent in Area 14 BD2 1LJ late last year and it was the result of a fibre optic cable fault. I'm using Blueyonder.  Glad I've got gmail as a better and more reliable option so that must mean its down to VM emails and not website / BB issues.

I got that rubbish too.

This is shown as a 'solution' - far from it.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Use a better service. VM clearly aren't interested in theirs. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

JohnBanks
On our wavelength

Thanks for letting us all know that

muffmasterh
Superfast

whatever you do do not do that i have heard horror stories about being locked out for good !

Hi everyone, 

We were aware of some issues with emails yesterday, but these have since been resolved.

If you're still having problems with it today please let us know, and we can help further.

Alex_Rm

Alex, now and then when using webmail and composing a message I get a red banner 'server unreachable' displayed at the bottom of the page screen,

This appertained when the emails went down yesterday, then it disappears and all is normal once again.  Its only happened a couple of times.

I tried to do a system test but got the response on my iphone 'sorry we can't do that right now'  The web site says 'looks like we need to reset the hub'. So here goes.

Completed reset ok

After reset and on checking for other issues as its unstable the response is 'excessive wifi interference'.  I suspect once again VM have an external supply issue looming.  This is exactly the same symptoms when a fibre optic cable broke down, it took some 6 weeks to fix with a loss of service which cost VM around £250 in compensation on my behalf alone. I suggest you escalate this issue.