cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Hacked

Teresa18
Joining in

I used to be a virgin media customer many years ago, and when I closed my account I still had a link that would be sent to that email account. The account is closed but it looks like my old VM email account has been hacked as I've been receiving forwarded email messages telling me someone is trying to set up new Instagram / Uber etc. accounts using that email as well as notifications that spam emails sent from the VM address were undeliverable. They are also blackmailing me and demanding money via bitcoin…

I can't find any way to delete the email account and have tried logging in to it, (even though I have my old account information) but still can't log in.

Is it possible someone could help me? 

1 REPLY 1

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Teresa18,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear that you feel an old email account/address that you had with us may be compromised. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so we can take some details and look into this. Please respond when you can.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!