cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send virgin media emails with Outlook 365

Ruthya
Joining in

I am suddenly unable to send emails from my virgin media email using Outlook 365. I can receive messages but sent ones get stuck in my outbox. It started happening this morning after I tried to reply to a message I received. I get the following error message:

Task 'XXXXXXX@virginmedia.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

It affects both my PC and iPhone email and only seems to occur if I'm on wifi. If i turn off wifi on my phone, I can then send emails.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

7 REPLIES 7

juvuk
On our wavelength

i have the same problem 😞

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Ruthya thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear you're having issues with sending your emails via Outlook 365.  As you've mentioned that this is impacting you when connected to WiFi only.  Do you mean your home WiFi network?  Or any WiFi?  Also with that in mind, do you have our Websafe active?  As you've reached out on here, I would love to take a look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi juvuk thanks for also reaching out to us.  And welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear you're also having issues sending emails via Outlook 365.  Please can you advise if your issues mirror those of Ruthya exactly?  Or are there some differences?

Regards

Lee_R

I am having similar problems, nearly a week without being able to reply to received emails. On laptop and mobile. Outlook message is 0x800CCCOF The connection to the server was interrupted . Contact ISP. We have tried altering the time but it won't let it be saved, keeps reverting to a minimum time.Any help gratefully received .Thank you.

Hey @Bren48 Thanks fro reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums, 👋🏼

I'm so sorry to hear about the issues you are having in relation to your email service on Outlook. 😢
May I ask if these issues are happening with your web mail as well?

i.e. if you sign in online to your emails, does this error occur?
Do you have another device with Outlook where you can check?

Let us know.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for replying. The issue has now been resolved, this morning. There was a suggestion on here which flagged up a form to report abuse and what to fill in which I did yesterday and lo and behold it was resolved. I can't find the link to say thank you!

Thank you so much for letting us know @Bren48 and we are so glad to hear that this was resolved. 

If you ever do need any help in the future please do not hesitate to pop back to the forums and we will do all we can to help.