cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Access Virgin account or email

polly43
Up to speed

I can't access my Virgin Account or my e-mail account today.  It was fine yesterday.  Now, today, I put in my e-mail address and password and nothing happens.  No message - nothing!  It just freezes.  I tried refreshing, emptying the cache; still nothing.  So I tried to access my Virgin acocunt to see if there was any work going on, but found I couldn't access my account either!  What is happening? 

15 REPLIES 15

Check addons (disable, re-enable, see which if any are the cause). If even disabling all addons results in the same issue, clear cache and cookies, see if that makes a difference.

I have tried private windows,also no extensions enabled and clearing cookies, cache and cookies plus a new Firefox update this morning - none of this has any bearing on the sign in box which is still not working, no sign either of captcha on the bottom right hand side.

Open a private/incognito window of the affected browser, press F12 to open the browser devtools, attempt to sign into VM email normally, and then take a screenshot of the Console and Network tabs (you can adjust the size of the devtools window to show more information if needed). Crop and/or redact the screenshots to remove anything identifiable, and post the screenshots here.

The one extension I hadn't disabled was Firefox's Skip Redirect which looks to be the culprit, the captcha returned. Many thanks for your advice.

Actually I now think it's Malewarebytes Browser Guard and not Skip Redirect that's causing captcha to not run properly as I'm now able to sign in.

Hi @johngolby1 

Welcome to our community forums and sorry to hear you were having issues accessing your My VM account and our email. We are however glad to see the issue has since been rectified. Please continue to monitor this and let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs