cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder email disabled

Gracewing
Tuning in

Hi all

My wife received one of those spam emails saying that they have her email password and want £500. I have spoken to  Virgin media twice now after finding  out that the email account had been disabled now but getting nowhere getting it enabled again.   Anybody had anything similar and if so how do we get this sorted?  It's been nearly 2 weeks now with no apparent action by VM.

6 REPLIES 6

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Gracewing

Sorry to hear of the email account issues experienced and the concern this must be causing, we appreciate you raising this via the forums.

Have you tried following these steps:

• Sign in to My Virgin Media
  • Go to Account settings, then Account details
  • Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail
  • Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Get password
  • Continue the flow and a new secure password will be generated, and the mailbox unlocked
  • Update any third-party apps that may be use to access your Virgin Media Mail emails with this new app password.

Rob

Thanks for the reply Rob.  Unfortunately I  can't get to my wife's email via that route.  It was one of the methods email support at VM talked through with me.  I've also tried logging into the email using the VM mail page but failed using that also.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

When you asked VM to disable the account, what did they actually do?

When you log into your main MyVirginmedia broadband account, is the email address listed in the menu? 

I ask because in many cases of emails being hacked VM have permanently deleted the account. I hope this hasn't happened to you. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi jpeg1.  I didn't ask VM to disable the account but it was disabled as a result of being hacked.  The email address is not listed in the account page but never has been to my knowledge, but is associated with the VM account.  The email was however working fine a couple of weeks ago. 

I do hope that the account has not been deleted. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Hopefully @Robert_P is looking into this for you. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi Gracewing,

Thank you for trying what Rob advised, apologies this did not fix the issue, so I can try to help I will send you an invite into a private chat, please look out for a white envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.