cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching an orphan email address

dieseldog57
Tuning in

Hi there, i have a NTLworld email adress i have had since Noah was around. It was previously attached to my old account , i have since returned to Virginmedia. Can customer services re attach it for me and if so how do i go about this?? 

Kind regards

2 REPLIES 2

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

In theory the answer would be no, because the email account should have been closed by VM 90 days after you left. 

But if the email address is still active and the new VM account is still in the same name, it might be possible.  You'd need to speak very nicely to the VM person who might pick up your post. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @dieseldog57 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you back. 

As our community member has stated we may not be able to reinstate the email as emails attached to old account should be removed after 90 days of leaving, however I would be happy to take a closer look and see if we can arrange anything for you via a private message. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.