cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android devices wont send emails

JohnTisi
Tuning in

I have a problem with my android devices not sending emails on wifi, incoming mails are fine but nothing going out.

Started a week or so ago and nothing seems to fix it. reset the hub twice and restarted my phone and tablet umpteen times. 

Laptop on win10 works fine and webmail via internet connection works on android so its a remote connection problem using Samsung's email client.

Suggestions all seem to relate too all devices not sending email.

Help please not a computer geek specially on android. Not even tried Virgin tech support as dont want to have a long conversation with an idiot in india who makes me reboot the hub yet again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Glad that worked for you.

On the "spam" claim, I was told that too but have done deep malware and virus checks on all devices here and found nothing unusual or suspicious. The pure number of people having this issue with the same timing suggests to me its not to do with individuals having malware and spam trouble and more to do with a common problem somewhere else.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

JohnTisi
Tuning in

Replying to myself 

Sorted. As per advice from user JCmacc

Used a related content post from yesterday. Sent the error message to :- 

• go to https://netreport.virginmedia.com/netreport/ :
  • select Email Sending Errors from drop down list
  • Other from drop down list
  • copy and paste the error message into  Log evidence field
  • enter your name into My name field
  • enter email address into Email address field
  • select Submit button

Typed the message in manually as cut and paste from android to PC is beyond me.

VM state that I was blocked, IP address was locked as my phone had been sending spam and they have unblocked it, seems I got on a blacklist.

John Tisi

Glad that worked for you.

On the "spam" claim, I was told that too but have done deep malware and virus checks on all devices here and found nothing unusual or suspicious. The pure number of people having this issue with the same timing suggests to me its not to do with individuals having malware and spam trouble and more to do with a common problem somewhere else.

Hey JohnTisi,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you were experiencing with your email but glad the help offered by JCmacc resulted in your issues being resolved. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

I am thinking that either this is deliberate by Virgin to make us go elsewhere for email services or the sub contractor that runs the email is just plain inept, can't make my mind up.  Got locked out of my account, I think just to make me change my password, why not explain to me I needed a better password and ask me to change it ?

Also I now see one cannot change or make new passwords on my account 

Hi @JohnTisi thanks for getting back to us.

I am sorry. We can feed back your experience.  Are you still having issues?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Lee

Well yes please pass this on to someonewho may be able to answer it truthfully.

I would like to change the primary email address on my account for one of the alternative ones I have set up. 

This seems not to be possible as I was told it is not now possible to set up new alternative email addresses on accounts. 

I have been a customer of  initially Birmingham Cable  and then Virgin Media for  30 odd years. I have never and I repeat never had any complaints about the service or any outages or loss of emails until last year when you will remember that you managed to delete everyone's emails overnight and took weeks to put that right, now I was locked out of my account apparently for sending spam emails which is not true. Having got that sorted I was locked out again for no apparent reason except to change the password to something unmemorable generated by you which I now cannot change to something memorable.

Do you think I  am having a great experience? 

No neither do I.

Thank you for providing this @JohnTisi 
What happens when you try to unverifiy your email at your side? Or is it that you still need to change your password on the account?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

JohnTisi
Tuning in

I don't need to change my password as I had to do it to unlock my account. That is ok.

Have you actually read what I wrote in detail? 

I don't now have any problems other than I don't think I can change the primary email address on my account. 

If I knew what unverify my email was it might help. Not a term I have come across and why is doing it relevant? 

Thanks for coming back to us JohnTisi. Are you trying to change your primary email address to a Virgin Media account or 3rd party email account?

We are asking all customers to use a non-Virgin Media email address to register their online account as part of security upgrades to online accounts. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L