cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Employee with Vans keep hogging up spaces

bluebird2
Joining in

I've got two employees living in our street and they both are two car families with an additional VM van each. My question is why can't VM park their vans at their own property overnight and employees can travel and park their cars there and take the vans? Why are they so annoyingly parked on the streets everywhere? I used to work for Vodafone and they were very considerate about community issues. Vodafone wouldn't allow their employees to park out of site where as VM vans are parked on public roads all the time. 

No - I don't want to speak to the employees as they are told to do this and I don't want to be rude to my neighbours. My issue is with VM. Anyone knows how to contact them about this issue or have had a similar issue?

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You are unlikely to get a reply from the VM staff in this 'Community Natter' forum as they don't often reply here.

You are probably unlikely, in any event, to get any kind of 'official' explanation from VM about what their van/driver/parking policy is.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I know it does not work for you, but it is a form of advertising. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

ItsJamieLike
On our wavelength

You're upset that they are parking their personal work van near to their house. 

Just be happy it's not on your drive, not a VM problem. If you're upset, go and speak to your neigbour. 

Yorkist
On our wavelength

The pharma company I worked for were very receptive to community/neighbour complaints.  Park your car in nearby roads near to the site and a complaint was received resulted in a ticking off and a warning that the action was being viewed unfavourably by the company and disciplinary action could be instigated if the situation was not rectified.  I wonder what the insurance situation is on VM parking vehicles in residential roads if they have stated to the insurance company that they are parked in a fenced compound?

Alby41
Up to speed

Hi ... if the Vans are causing an obstruction on the road or footpath .. they are offences under the Road Traffic Act but one has to complain to the authorities.... but hey ho .. avoid aggro with your neighbours these things tend to escalate if they fester etc.. tricky one M8tey ... just saying 😁