cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to cancel tv from my VM package

fedup_of_chelt
On our wavelength

Spent all day on WhatsApp trying to cancel tv from my package but without success.

Currently paying over £120 a month for tv, broadband & homephone. I desperately need this to come down and said I can afford about £50 for broadband & tv. 

First quote was £90 then £81 - this was after several hours but still including the tv.

I remember this taking hours last time to renegotiate and would welcome suggestions on what I can do differently so that hours of time isn't wasted. VM broadband is good but customer service is dreadful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

What other options do you have, apart from VM, if you just want broadband and landline?

The renewal game seems to be even more ridiculous than usual just at the moment. Many have reported only getting a decent offer after cancelling. Some have reported still not getting a competitive offer even having cancelled, resulting in them leaving VM.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

What other options do you have, apart from VM, if you just want broadband and landline?

The renewal game seems to be even more ridiculous than usual just at the moment. Many have reported only getting a decent offer after cancelling. Some have reported still not getting a competitive offer even having cancelled, resulting in them leaving VM.

I have now cancelled. Customer service just not listening. When I say I don't want tv or Netflix then that's what I mean. I can't afford it! BT is my only option for broadband, probably via Talktalk (hopefully has better customer service).

terry4947
Joining in

The landline is now connected to your broadband (at least it is in most area's),so why do we have to pay for a line that is no longer in use!

There are companies who will supply TV and Broadband (same line), without the TV for a very reasonable price, and if you have an Ariel, (or a TV BOX). you may not get the selection of channels you get now- but....

Burn1999
Joining in

I am in the process of downgrading from the dreaded bundle trap of broadband, tv, landline and O2 mobile sim to just keeping the router for the time being.  I'm not prepared to go through the renewal game any more to avoid paying a huge amount when the contract ends.  We shouldn't have to.  Left O2 first and got a sim for half the price, I have moved the landline to a VOIP provider at £10 per month with calls at any time of day for as long as you like and cheap calls abroad, I am cancelling the tv and have bought cheap streaming devices for our old tvs (£30 each) and they work well, a bit different to the VM boxes but you get used to it.  I actually felt forced to do this to simplify what has become an unnecessarily complicated process.  At least I know the stress I am going through to make it happen (which is a whole other story) won't happen again in 18 months and I am saving a lot of money.  I have been with NTL/Virgin for 20 years.  

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Not sure that the stress of trying to renew broadband only with VM will be any greater/less than a bundle of services.

VM's sales strategy is entirely based on discounting bundles of services for the minimum term period. All you will get next time you try to renew is the hard sell to upgrade your broadband only connection into a bundle of some kind with VM for a lower monthly package price.

Why not go all the way and change your broadband too and ditch the stress of dealing with VM entirely?