Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to downgrade my bundle

Sarge2268
Joining in

Hi

Looking to downgrade my bundle as its now at £195 and not affordable 

We had cinema and sports package when daughter moved back in but now they have there own house so no longer needed

What we are looking for is broadband, good TV package(Inc netflix),no landline 

I have rang and spoke to call centre and deal they offer still too high

Any pointers ?

Cheers

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Sarge2268

VM usually offer higher discounts if you take more services. You will generally find that dropping the landline also drops the amount of discounts offered. Keeping the phone is handy even if you only use it for contacting VM for free by calling 150.

Do your homework first and price up similar deals with other providers. Also determine what you actually need from VM.  Do you need the current level of speed?  Also look at if  you need a new sim. VM now have the Volt packages which  double your data and broadband speed, so it might be worthwhile taking out a lower broadband speed on a Volt bundle which would double your broadband speed .

When you decide to renegotiate/cancel the best method and time to contact them is to call  150 from a VM phone, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am when lines first open to avoid call queues.

Choose option 4 retentions (thinking of leaving us) They are generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents. Hopefully you can negotiate a deal with them that's suitable to your pocket and needs in exchange for a new contract.

You can also text VM on 0753 305 1809 or speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112 but phone calls take priority and these methods can take 4 to 6 hours, probably longer.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

CantStandVM
On our wavelength

Just leave, give them notice and go. There's a good chance they'll come crawling with an offer before your disconnection date and if they don't you'll end up finding a better provider so you can't really lose. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Much also depends whether you are in your minimum term or not - the OP hasn't mentioned this, although the £195/ month would imply they're not.

If you're within your minimum term, then I want to know what services you have to get that bill! Assuming you're out of minimum term, then the advice is to price up your services from alternative providers and use that as a negotiating tool with VM retentions. You have done some research into alternative suppliers, haven't you?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Buffer6
Legend

I understand that you’re looking to downgrade your bundle due to affordability concerns. Let’s explore some options to help you achieve a more budget-friendly package:

1. Broadband and TV Deals with Netflix:

2. Check Existing Provider Offers:

• Sometimes, providers have special offers or discounts that may not be immediately apparent. It’s worth checking if there are any promotions or loyalty discounts available.
    • Call your current provider again and inquire about any exclusive deals they might have for existing customers.
  3. Customize Your Package:

• Be specific about what you need. Since you no longer require sports and cinema channels, focus on a TV package that includes Netflix and excludes those extras.
    • Ask if they can tailor a package to your preferences.
  4. Explore Alternatives:

• Research other providers in your area. Compare their broadband and TV offerings, including any bundled services.
    • Look into BT, TalkTalk, and other major providers to see if they have suitable packages.
  5. Online Comparison Tools:

6. Negotiate with Your Current Provider:

• When speaking to your current provider, express your budget constraints honestly. Politely ask if they can offer a better deal or adjust your existing package.
    • Mention that you’re considering switching providers, as this might encourage them to provide a more competitive offer.

Remember that you have choices, and it’s essential to find a package that meets your needs without straining your budget. Good luck, and I hope you find a solution that works for you! 🌟

Alby41
Up to speed

Hi .. just obvious ... what ISP's are availble to you .. as well as VM ... openreach  sytems ? other cable companies community/city/BRSK ....other smaller Altnets ... or are you stuck with VM...  consider internet by other means ...Three..... for instance ... there are many good luck😁