cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big ISPs now stating what the Spring 2024 prices could be .. hold your breath .. remember 3.9% as well

Alby41
Up to speed

Now VM use the RPI ,,last year according to figures up to 5.16%. .. have not committed yet to us all ..?

SKY slightly more ... but they use a different retail price index , .. CPI ...now is 6.7% ,, definite maybe for them !

BT use again the CPI .. they have worked out it is currently 7.1% as researched .. looks if a customer you will get that

Basically these three the most business ISP's in the UK ... with other lesser providers obviously .. but basically as

Spring approaches watch this space make a decision . all waiting to clobber us ..... VM looking good ... just saying ...😊

4 REPLIES 4

steveclifford54
On our wavelength

Free tv, with just paying for broadband, is the way to go methinks. After all, 90% of recordings on my v.m box are from free tv.

So its out of cupboard with my freesat box and just have broadband. Then look at it again when freely comes out.

Cardiffman282
Super solver

It's a total price hike of 8.8% this year. A slight reduction on last year. It's also slapped on the discounted rate rather than the full undiscounted rate like it was in previous years.

See fairly clear guide at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/prices

This should be the last time such a price hike system is used https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2024/02/broadband-tv-and-mobile-price-hikes-set-for-virgin-med...

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Another piece on the prices here - Virgin Media O2 has an 8.8% sized Valentines gift for millions | thinkbroadband

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I dropped VM TV a long time ago and just use my old Humax freeview recorder.  As for streaming, again I dip in and out whenever there is something I would like to watch, or I get offered a cheap deal for 3 months etc. Otherwise you end up paying an full price monthly sub for something that's never watched.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks