cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

put into new contract without consent

bromleyuser
Joining in

I moved house in July 2023 and called Virgin Media to move my broadband service to new house. I told Virgin Media that I just wanted to continue with original contract which ends in February 2024. I did not change any service. 

The Virgin Media staff told me he would create a new document but he also said just ignore the document sent, it would stay the same old contract. 

The bill has also been increased which I was told only for initial 1 or 2 months to cover moving house cost. But it turn out it actually new price for every month. Virgin Media cheated me.

This month (March 2024), when I called Virgin Media to give notice to end contract, I was told Virgin Media created a new contract which end in 2025.

I have never agreed to a such new contract. The new contract the Virgin Media assigned to me was against my consent, my acknowledgement and my authorisation. This new "contract" which ends 2025 should be invalid.

I've done some research online, apparently there are a lot cases that Virgin Media created a new contract without a customer's consent when move house. So this is deliberate act and dirty practice. It must be stopped.

I have attempted to resolve the issue by contacting Virgin Media  numerous times, asked them to amend the contract back to the original old contract. But Virgin Media refused. 

I am determined to fight for justice.  Before I raise the matter to Ombudsman Services. I put my complaint here, I am willing to give Virgin Media a last chance to resolve it. if Virgin Media community forum team is willing to resolve the matter for me, please contact me. If the matter does not resolve by Fridge 22 March, I'll go to Ombudsman.

Thank you
2 REPLIES 2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@bromleyuser wrote:

I moved house in July 2023 and called Virgin Media to move my broadband service to new house. I told Virgin Media that I just wanted to continue with original contract which ends in February 2024. I did not change any service. 

The Virgin Media staff told me he would create a new document but he also said just ignore the document sent, it would stay the same old contract. 

The bill has also been increased which I was told only for initial 1 or 2 months to cover moving house cost. But it turn out it actually new price for every month. Virgin Media cheated me.

This month (March 2024), when I called Virgin Media to give notice to end contract, I was told Virgin Media created a new contract which end in 2025.

I have never agreed to a such new contract. The new contract the Virgin Media assigned to me was against my consent, my acknowledgement and my authorisation. This new "contract" which ends 2025 should be invalid.

I've done some research online, apparently there are a lot cases that Virgin Media created a new contract without a customer's consent when move house. So this is deliberate act and dirty practice. It must be stopped.

I have attempted to resolve the issue by contacting Virgin Media  numerous times, asked them to amend the contract back to the original old contract. But Virgin Media refused. 

I am determined to fight for justice.  Before I raise the matter to Ombudsman Services. I put my complaint here, I am willing to give Virgin Media a last chance to resolve it. if Virgin Media community forum team is willing to resolve the matter for me, please contact me. If the matter does not resolve by Fridge 22 March, I'll go to Ombudsman.

Thank you

Contracts on VM are connected to the address not the person. So there should be a new contract raised but with the old conditions attached.

Bear in mind that if you go to the Ombudsman, they will expect you to be in possession of a “deadlock” letter from VM stating that all avenues to a resolution have been exhausted before they will proceed.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @bromleyuser, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had and that you feel this way 😔

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Thank you for your support @nodrogd 👍

Regards,
Daniel