cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White Box on Wall Red Light

JTBomb007
Tuning in

Solid Red light, nothing works now. Gone through the online checking this and it wants to send a technician to me but I don’t want to pay £25

if the light is red doesn't that mean the issue is outside?

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Which box has the red light? Your hub (which one) or your TV set top box (which one)?

If the red light is on a hub 3 and it's in router mode then that may mean a possible overheating issue, is your hub hot to the touch? especially if the hub's location is out in the open and has plenty of air flow (if it's a hub 3 in modem mode then the light is supposed to be magenta (red))

The £25 charge is VM standard parlance for faults which are down to the customer or their own equipment.  If it's VM's cabling or wiring that's at fault then there is no charge unless you miss the appointment or nobody over the age of 18 is available when the tech arrives.

The tech may need to change equipment or cabling either or both internally or externally.  Even if the issue is just external then they may need indoor access to balance the signal levels and check that the equipment is working correctly.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for reaching out to us @JTBomb007, and welcome back to our Community Forums!

Sorry to hear of the issues experienced with the red light on your router.

I'd be happy to have this looked into for you, check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for  private message from me

Thanks,

David_Bn