cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM Pod request

cgsrimi
Tuning in

I'm a volt customer and do not have reliable full coverage in the property, with WiFi dropping out regularly in the main bedroom. Can i please request a Pod?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi cgsrimi 

You need to perform the Home Scan using the Connect app in the area where the signal is low(est) or as near to there as possible.  The home scan feature will guide you from room to room to carry out WiFi speed tests. If it finds a potential signal-less spot, it’ll test your broadband speed to the WiFi Hub to make sure there isn’t a problem with your network.

If everything’s okay with the Hub, the app will take you through to order a WiFi Pod to help boost your WiFi connection.

How to perform the scan and order the wifi pods when using the Connect app.

• Tap Start the scan and then  
  • While connected to WiFi, Tap "I’m ready " and then wait a couple of minutes for the scan  to complete, and then tap Continue 
  • Tap Add a room, and at on the room you're in, then Start the Scan (do this in every room) 
  • When the scan is complete tap Optimise WiFi now if the options shows as that will try and improve the connection in the current room 
  • When it shows Optimisation complete, tap Rescan room,  tap Start Scan  and then you can click on Order a WiFi Booster if it shows as an option

If that doesn't work you can call  0800 064 3850 to order the first one

VM will only send out one at a time, and there must be at least  7 days before ordering each one. It's up to three in total depending upon coverage. 

Following that if you need additional pods you can order them by logging into /my-virgin-media, as per the info below from https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max ?

How do I get a second or third WiFi Pod?
If you’re not getting download speeds of at least 30Mbps in every room with one WiFi Pod, you can request a second or third by signing in to My Virgin Media, clicking on Your Package and following the steps in the WiFi Max tab
Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi cgsrimi 

You need to perform the Home Scan using the Connect app in the area where the signal is low(est) or as near to there as possible.  The home scan feature will guide you from room to room to carry out WiFi speed tests. If it finds a potential signal-less spot, it’ll test your broadband speed to the WiFi Hub to make sure there isn’t a problem with your network.

If everything’s okay with the Hub, the app will take you through to order a WiFi Pod to help boost your WiFi connection.

How to perform the scan and order the wifi pods when using the Connect app.

• Tap Start the scan and then  
  • While connected to WiFi, Tap "I’m ready " and then wait a couple of minutes for the scan  to complete, and then tap Continue 
  • Tap Add a room, and at on the room you're in, then Start the Scan (do this in every room) 
  • When the scan is complete tap Optimise WiFi now if the options shows as that will try and improve the connection in the current room 
  • When it shows Optimisation complete, tap Rescan room,  tap Start Scan  and then you can click on Order a WiFi Booster if it shows as an option

If that doesn't work you can call  0800 064 3850 to order the first one

VM will only send out one at a time, and there must be at least  7 days before ordering each one. It's up to three in total depending upon coverage. 

Following that if you need additional pods you can order them by logging into /my-virgin-media, as per the info below from https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max ?

How do I get a second or third WiFi Pod?
If you’re not getting download speeds of at least 30Mbps in every room with one WiFi Pod, you can request a second or third by signing in to My Virgin Media, clicking on Your Package and following the steps in the WiFi Max tab
Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

cgsrimi
Tuning in

Thank you for the information.

I've been through the steps and as low as 2 Mbps (see attached). Was offered a link to Wifi Max but no obvious way to ask for a Pod, only options to upgrade my package. Wasn't able to get any joy with the phone number either.

Any suggestions welcomed

Screenshot_20240308-122258.png

Hi @cgsrimi, thank you for your response.

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here.

Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner. If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Thank you for your support @newapollo 👍

Regards,
Daniel