cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box (and a mini box)

peteg1
On our wavelength

I have been trying to get a person to help. I was advised in the forums to call 150. However, Ive spent most of this morning to speak to someone instead of going round and round a computers answer - which doesn’t help at all. 

I think I’m currently on an ‘old’ TiVo box and want to change to a V6 and get another mini box at the same time. I shall probably need some assistance with installation. How can I get this problem ‘activated’?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

Did you try selecting the 'leaving option' when phoning, you usually get through to a UK based person.

Best time to call would be at 8am and you should be able to fully understand what they are saying.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

First off - which boxes do you have? https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

TiVo & V6 both run TiVo software and multiroom boxes are fully-functional, each with their own hard drives.

TV360 runs Horizon software and is designed around one central "master" box with the hard drive & subsequent "mini"boxes without hard drives.

Thus if you are a TiVo/V6 customer you get a much better deal than TV360 users by having multiple master boxes and no such thing as a mini-box.

Some "Volt" packages include an additional multiroom box as standard, otherwise there's likely to be an extra monthly fee ~£10 or so for the extra facility, which includes replication of your existing TV package onto the new box. You'll need an additional co-ax connection in the location you want to use the extra box, and if you don't have this then a manned install will be required.

You will likely need to call in to arrange this. What's the issue you're having with the 150 IVR?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi peteg1, 

Thanks for coming back to us in the Community regarding an upgrade on your TV service. We're unable to help with package changes via the Community however the team will be able to offer the best offers and discounts for you. 

You can reach them by calling 150 / 0345 454 1111 and selecting options 1, 4 then 4 again or you can contact them via WhatsApp on 07305327112. Replies aren't instant and can take a few hours but it allows you to get on with your day whilst waiting for a reply.

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

peteg1
On our wavelength

Thanks - I’ve spent much time trying to get some assistance via 150 and I have consistently failed to get an answer. As a result Ive decided not to bother with trying to get improvements from VM. But thanks anyway.

peteg1
On our wavelength

Hi, and thanks. I’ve spent so long over these past days trying to get answers and practical assistance from VM. More recently I received an email from VM telling me my renewal is due ‘soon’ (it’s quite a number of weeks away yet). It also told me I’m on a TV360 package,  which I’m not. More time spent on 150 and have never managed to speak to anyone. I went through other options on 150, and via ‘chat’ getting nowhere. I replied to the email address on the email they sent me which says the contact with them to arrange renewals is through this email contact. It’s not, all I get is a standard reply saying they don’t reply via the email contact they gave me. If there’s ever a serious problem with any of my VM services this standard of support gives me no reason for confidence that any problems will be addressed. So, I’ve abandoned any thought of improving my VM package. Thanks anyway.

roy247
Community elder

Did you try selecting the 'leaving option' when phoning, you usually get through to a UK based person.

Best time to call would be at 8am and you should be able to fully understand what they are saying.

peteg1
On our wavelength

Many thanks for that tip, very useful to know as I find it extremely difficult to follow and hearing aids don’t help with that!