cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snowy V6 picture

Samwebster
Tuning in

Having an issue when I switch Virgin TV box on that I have a snowy picture and crackling sound.

• Replaced all HDMI cables, also changed which port the Virgin goes into TV in case issue was with the TV ports.
  • Have not added any new hardware to TV, sound bar been in place for +18months with no issues across any mediums
  • No snowy effects or crackles happen when I switch TV to other HDMI outputs such as Fire stick or CCTV

When I reboot the V6 box, the issue stops. However as soon as I switch it to standby and back on again, the issue returns.

Has the drive gone, do I need a new box? This is driving me bonkers having to reset several times a day. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Samwebster 

Check your VM cabling, especially the white coaxial which should be finger tight and free from any kinks.

Have you used the /check-services/i  function? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there. 

If nothing is showing  you could also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Samwebster 

Check your VM cabling, especially the white coaxial which should be finger tight and free from any kinks.

Have you used the /check-services/i  function? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there. 

If nothing is showing  you could also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Samwebster
Tuning in

Checked everything, unfortunately nothing changes the issue.

I've got through to Virgin and after 20 minutes of the woman trying to sell me an upgrade package (!!??) I finally have an engineer coming tomorrow. She couldn't quite understand why I didn't want to sign an 18 month contract when I have a service that does not work!!

Hi @Samwebster 

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you have been having issues with your TV picture and sound. We also further apologise for the experience had with our agent. We will take the feedback onboard and pass it on to the relevant team. How has the issue been since the engineer's visit? Do you need any further help?

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs