cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky cinema On demand unavailable

Frostdrive
Tuning in

Hi,

I can no longer play on demand from sky cinema or box sets. Message comes up saying temporarily unavailable and code 669. Have tried rebooting V6 box and router but no effect. V6 box is connected to router by Ethernet so no issues with internet connection. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you view any OnDemand content? C5 programmes also use the same VoD platform as Sky content, and would be a good test.

The other good test of the internet connection is whether OnDemand & streaming apps work - BBC iPlayer, ITV-X, C4-branded, YouTube etc.

Some previous threads have suggested Error 669 is usually account-related.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you view any OnDemand content? C5 programmes also use the same VoD platform as Sky content, and would be a good test.

The other good test of the internet connection is whether OnDemand & streaming apps work - BBC iPlayer, ITV-X, C4-branded, YouTube etc.

Some previous threads have suggested Error 669 is usually account-related.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes, other on demand channels fine. Looks like a long wait on the phone to speak to VM then ☹️

Hi there @Frostdrive 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you back. 

I am so sorry to hear that this has been happening, I have checked and I can see that there is an outage in your area currently that may be causing these issues. This is due to be resolved April 11th at 4.10pm. We are so sorry that this has happened but our teams will do all they can to get this resolved for you and everyone effected, please do let us know how things are looking after this time.