cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports new Tennis channel

jo666
On our wavelength

How will the new Sky Sports Tennis Channel beginning 11th February work for Virgin Media customers?

Will there be pop-up channels that we can record as there was for the US open (which didn't work well because of pixelation)?

If we have to watch live that will make it almost impossible for the some of the US and far-east tournaments, unless one stays up all night!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jo666 wrote:

How will the new Sky Sports Tennis Channel beginning 11th February work for Virgin Media customers?

Sky Sports Tennis SD is on channel 537. Sky Sports Tennis HD is on channel 520.

Will there be pop-up channels that we can record as there was for the US open (which didn't work well because of pixelation)?

It depends if Sky carries any additional streams as linear channels. V360 & Stream customers now get the fully interactive IP Sky Sports Red Button service (which you can't record). TiVO/V6 does not.

If we have to watch live that will make it almost impossible for the some of the US and far-east tournaments, unless one stays up all night!

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jo666 wrote:

It depends if Sky carries any additional streams as linear channels. V360 & Stream customers now get the fully interactive IP Sky Sports Red Button service (which you can't record). TiVO/V6 does not.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jo666
On our wavelength

@nodrogd wrote:

@jo666 wrote:

Thank you for your response.

I have kept my V6 boxes as I have 2.  With the 360 box the secondary mini box doesn't offer the same functionality.

I suppose I'll just have to see what transpires from tomorrow.

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Sky Sports Tennis HD is on channel 520. If you watch tennis on channel 532, which is a UHD channel, you do get UHD even though the info says HD. You can tell because HLG is also broadcast which, AFAIK, is only done for UHD. However what you do not know is whether Sky is just upscaling HD to UHD or providing a genuine UHD broadcast.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

alphabetagaga
Superfast

is it just me or is the audio from the courts on tennis channel 520 much lower in volume than the commentary that goes with it?

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

It's what you get sometimes. It also sounds similar to the UHD channel 532.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection