cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S101 error after checking network connection

billc47
On our wavelength

I’ve gone through all the recommended checks , restarted my V6 box, and successfully connected to the Virgin Media Service but the TV Guide stalls at 16% and reports error S101.  I’ve repeated this 3 or 4 times but same outcome.

This V6 box is the second of two V6 boxes, the first V6 box works without issue.

Please advise

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

billc47
On our wavelength

Many thanks for the helpful responses.  Eventually tracked the issue to a break in the coax cable, which when reconnected solved the problem.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

ryan1969
Joining in

@billc47 wrote:

I’ve gone through all the recommended checks , restarted my V6 box, and successfully connected to the Virgin Media Service but the TV Guide stalls at 16% and reports error S101.  I’ve repeated this 3 or 4 times but same outcome.

This V6 box is the second of two V6 boxes, the first V6 box works without issue.

Please advise

Hello,

The error S101 on your Virgin Media Service usually indicates a problem with the connection, Here are some steps you can try:

Check your connections: Ensure that the white cable from your TV box is firmly connected. If your TV box is connected to your hub, verify that the white wire going into your hub is also tightly connected.

Local problems: Sometimes, the S101 error can be due to local issues. You can call the automated service at 0800 5610061 to check if there are any known faults in your area.

Router or modem issues: A common cause of the S101 error is a problem with your router or modem. Resetting these devices might resolve the issue.

Network connection: Go to Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network connection on your V6 box. Check the last successful connection and try “Connect to Virgin Media service” again. Wait for about 30 minutes before rechecking.

If these steps do not resolve the issue, please tell me I am happy to help you.

Best Regard,
ryan1969
GMSocrates

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

First off, what are "all the recommended checks" you've done? Can you be more specific?

Any advice to restart your modem or router for this error won't help, live TV on a V6 doesn't use the internet. This error is usually caused by a problem with your incoming co-ax feed - does the affected box have a live TV service?

If you swap your 2 x V6 around between locations, does the problem follow the box or remain with the location?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @billc47 

Have you recently negotiated a new contract? If so the box with the S101 error may have been dectivated.

You could also trying switching off the V6 and also unplug the white coaxial cable from the back of the V6.

Leave it a couple of minutes and then switch it back on again. Wait for the box to get stuck on 16%, and then reconnect the white coaxial cable. This sometimes allows the box to bypass the S101 error and continue loading.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

billc47
On our wavelength

Many thanks for the helpful responses.  Eventually tracked the issue to a break in the coax cable, which when reconnected solved the problem.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thanks for updating the thread @billc47 

Good to see it's all working again.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali