cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement TiVo box

dgordonni
Tuning in

We’ve had the same TiVo box since we started with Virgin 6 years ago. It is now starting to fail. Considering new contract but doubt the box will last a further 18 months, Can it be replaced?

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In what way is is starting to fail - can you explain? Working equipment is not generally replaced unnecessarily, but faulty kit is - faulty TiVo's are now replaced with V6 as a matter of course.

Be very careful of what box you request, to avoid a sales pitch on TV360. https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

TiVo & V6 both run TiVo software. V6 & TV360 both use the same modern hardware. TiVo-software is no longer available to new customers, TV360 is fundamentally not TiVo and is very different. Many sales agents will offer an "upgrade" to TV360 without a proper explanation of the differences.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It is a V6 box that we have. Sometimes it goes into standby and has to be switched off & on at plug to restart. On occasion it goes totally off, with no lights showing. Other times it freezes. It’s quite sporadic, not at a particular time of day. 

Hey there @dgordonni Thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the TV box that you are experiencing.
I will be able to assist on this and get this sorted for you, I will send a private message.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for speaking with us today @dgordonni on the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm glad we have made arrangements to get this TV box sorted and resolved for you.
All the details of the appointment can be found within our private chat.

Let us know how it goes with the technicians appointment and reach out to us for any other queries you may have.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for speaking with us today @dgordonni on the forums. 👋🏼

I'm glad I have been able to assist and get you out a Wi-Fi pod as requested and I'm glad to know that the engineers visit has resolved the TV issue.
As advised, delivery times may differ based on your area but we'll keep you updated.

Feel free to reach out to us for any other queries and we'll assist where we can.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team