cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New box install no longer able to access apps

stuartrollox
Joining in

We have had a new box installed today we now get security errors for iPlayer, prime TV , ITVX and YouTube. , any suggestions on how to resolve this issue. I have try resetting the boxes both the TV and the internet box no change, 

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @stuartrollox 

Sorry to say it's a known issue.

Please see the pinned post from the @ModTeam  

/Virgin-TV-V6/Incorrect-Security-Certificate-error-TV-Apps-F011216248/ 

"Hello,

We are aware that some users may be unable to watch TV apps on the V6, with the error message "incorrect security certificate" being displayed. This has been logged under F011216248 and we are waiting for our internal and external teams to confirm their investigations and come up with a fix soon."

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank u for the update

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey stuartrollox,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your new TV box and apologies for the late reply to your post.

I have looked into this fault and can see that it was an issue affecting newly installed TV boxes, this has now been resolved. Please can you check on your TV to see if you can now access your apps.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L