cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TNT rip off

vander18
On our wavelength

So I pay for HD, but since the change to TNT HD is only available to discovery+ customers.

moreover, according to the latest edit email all whom have sky sports have HD? Why do I pay extra?

in addition, the HD one gets on discovery+ is real HD, why am I getting an inferior HD product and being charged for the privilege?

7 REPLIES 7

vander18
On our wavelength

Oh and to get it they want another £30.99 a month… surely it’s a joke?

KeithLeonard
Fibre optic

TNT Soorts HD/UHD  is available to Virgin Media Customers on channels 527 - 531 but customers wanting these channels now have to pay extra for them where as previously they were included in the top tv package at no extra cost.

As already said TNT Sports is available with Virgin for £10 a month or possibly less if you can negotiate a deal according to some reports. The £30.99 a month is direct with discovery+ for their premium plan which includes a few more features and TNT Sports but is £24 more than their standard plan.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@vander18 wrote:

Oh and to get it they want another £30.99 a month… surely it’s a joke?

VM doesn't carry/transmit  an SD version of TNT Sports.

TNT Sports HD 1-4 is available on channels 527 - 530, and TNT Sports Ultimate is available on channel 531.

It's an additional £18 per month on all set top boxes, except for the Stream box where it's aavailable for an additional £10 per month.  The Stream boxes are one per household and can't be taken in conjunction with any other VM TV service. The Stream boxes don't have recording facilities.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

This might just be a new customer offer.

Screenshot_2024-02-25-14-23-43-724_com.android.chrome.jpg

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@roy247 wrote:

This might just be a new customer offer.

Screenshot_2024-02-25-14-23-43-724_com.android.chrome.jpg

Hi @roy247 

I'm afraid I can't see the £10 a month option anywhere.  Please can you provide the url

It did change a while ago to £18 a month on Stream ( https://www.virginmedia.com/tv/stream ) which brought it into line with the cost on the other TV set box add ons, and that page is still showing the £18 pricing to myself.

It doesn't show the pricing within the Subscriptions app on my 360, that just asks the customer to call in to add the new subscription.

I have though seen a few forum posts where customers have called in and managed to negotiate the cost down to £10, and one or two have managed to negotiate the add on for free as part of a new 18 month contract.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave,

If you select the Mega Volt bundle on VM's home page and then customize your bundle you get to this page  and then continue to add channel packs, that's where the screenshot came from, the link doesn't add that bit.

Edited to remove the link as it did show an address just used to illustrate the page.