cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secret World of Sound with David Attenborough (Sky Nature)

chrisjames
Up to speed

I have Virgin TV 360 and have Sky UHD. Adverts state that all epiosde are available in UHD but I cannot find a way to access this version. Usually you can get to it by opening up the Info page but there is no option to watch it in UHD.  Can anyone help? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@chrisjames wrote:

Thanks guys, got it, Sky Nature UHD is only available to Sky customers. I pay extra for Sky UHD though and there are plenty of Sky programmes available in UHD, the majority films on their various channels, but also stuff like Agatha Raisin (originally Sky One) which is available On Demand through the Sky UHD category on Virgin. Don't see why Secret World of Sound can't be added.

That's a Sky decision, not Virgin's. Virgin can only offer what they are given, & Sky are well known for withholding content from Wholesale distribution. They see it as a way of poaching customers from their competitors.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If Sky are offering this in UHD it will be through their own On Demand system. Sky Nature is not broadcast in UHD on any TV platform.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Bid1
Dialled in

That’s correct from above. UHD is only available via sky on demand service and not virgin. 

chrisjames
Up to speed

Thanks guys, got it, Sky Nature UHD is only available to Sky customers. I pay extra for Sky UHD though and there are plenty of Sky programmes available in UHD, the majority films on their various channels, but also stuff like Agatha Raisin (originally Sky One) which is available On Demand through the Sky UHD category on Virgin. Don't see why Secret World of Sound can't be added.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@chrisjames wrote:

That's a Sky decision, not Virgin's. Virgin can only offer what they are given, & Sky are well known for withholding content from Wholesale distribution. They see it as a way of poaching customers from their competitors.