cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hdmi switching back to virgin box

Cover2231
Joining in

Hi new virgin user here with a couple of problems.

1. I have my virgin box connected to my yamaha amp through a high speed hdmi cable.i also have connected to the amp a blu ray player with high speed hdmi cable. problem arise when switching to blu ray player, every now and again the amp defaults back to the virgin box.

Have tried all types of settings and the only 2 things to stop this are to connect virgin box direct to TV or easier option place virgin box in standby and problem disappears.

Not many settings on virgin box to try to stop this happening.

Problem 2 is my lg oled b1 cannot get remote to talk to virgin box I can try and sit there 20 mins pressing button on screen and get no response ..

Thanks in advance for any help with these.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Cover2231 wrote:

Problem 2 is my lg oled b1 cannot get remote to talk to virgin box I can try and sit there 20 mins pressing button on screen and get no response ..

Hi Cover2231

Try the following instead of accepting and setting the 360 box up as Virgin on your Oled B1, by manually performing a search for Ziggo instead :-

Go to the Universal Control Settings and manage the settings for VM set top box, it's probably easier to delete them (you can always allow the LG to set them as VM later if you aren't happy) then highlight HDMI1 (or whichever port your 360 is connected to) and click manage settings > Start Setting > Set Top Box > Next > Next    then ignore the box saying Virgin (your region) and click on View all and then move the cursor to the white Search bar and type in Ziggo

On the next screen highlight (click) on Ziggo below the search bar and then click on Next

On the following screen click on Start Test (this starts the remote control test wwhichc attempts to change the channel on the 360 box when you press OK using the LG Smart remote) You need to keep clicking on No until the channel changes and then click Yes

You should then be able to control the 360 using the LG Smart remote - the basic functions such as typing in the channel number you want, and volume up/down or changing the channel using up/down keys.  You get additional options by pressing the three dots button on the LG remote (just below the number 9 key) such as Power, Menu, Guide, and Information

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Cover2231 wrote:

Hi Cover2231

Try the following instead of accepting and setting the 360 box up as Virgin on your Oled B1, by manually performing a search for Ziggo instead :-

Go to the Universal Control Settings and manage the settings for VM set top box, it's probably easier to delete them (you can always allow the LG to set them as VM later if you aren't happy) then highlight HDMI1 (or whichever port your 360 is connected to) and click manage settings > Start Setting > Set Top Box > Next > Next    then ignore the box saying Virgin (your region) and click on View all and then move the cursor to the white Search bar and type in Ziggo

On the next screen highlight (click) on Ziggo below the search bar and then click on Next

On the following screen click on Start Test (this starts the remote control test wwhichc attempts to change the channel on the 360 box when you press OK using the LG Smart remote) You need to keep clicking on No until the channel changes and then click Yes

You should then be able to control the 360 using the LG Smart remote - the basic functions such as typing in the channel number you want, and volume up/down or changing the channel using up/down keys.  You get additional options by pressing the three dots button on the LG remote (just below the number 9 key) such as Power, Menu, Guide, and Information

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Cover2231
Joining in

Thanks lot works a treat.

Cheers for the reply Dave