cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dolby Atmos Sky uhd channel

FrugalMcdougal
On our wavelength

Darts on now not in Dolby Atmos.

Last night semi-finals were in Dolby atmos.

Once again I ask are virgin technicians to blame or are sky mugging virgin off by not allowing the feed.

I just wish someone in the know could explain this, it is so unpredictable.

I can't believe the capability to broadcast Dolby Atmos has disappeared since last night.

Please don't reply this often happens cos it makes little sense.

5 REPLIES 5

roy247
Community elder

It's in Dolby Atmos on my box, try switching to 501 and then back to 532 to see if your system picks it up.

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

I didn't get DA. It must have been broadcast to all boxes from Langley, so perhaps there was an issue with some 360s or the access network.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi FrugalMcdougal 👋 welcome back to the forum! Thanks for posting. 

Sorry to hear you were having some difficulties with Dolby Atmos on the Sky UHD channel whilst watching the darts. 

Were you able to try swapping the channel as advised by other members of the community!

It's also always worth rebooting the box just to see if this changes anything. 

Hopefully 🤞 it does not happen again but please feel free to keep us updated and we will offer support as best we can. 

Wishing you all the best! 🌞

Molly

I've posted before and whilst your replies are a starting point, I've been doing this for a while and understand the switching and off/on regime it isn't the problem the problem is with transmission whether it's the signal from sky or how virgin deliver the signal.

The football has been in Dolby Atmos since.

It is poor for a so called modern future focussed provider. Maybe it doesn't matter cos its too much of the future.

I also consider this as part of my UHD premium charge, and virgin ain't delivering a consistent service.

Sorry to hear that Dolby Atmos was not delivered on this occasion to your set top box via the UHD channel.

Our team will do all within their power to ensure that all future events are accommodated for moving forward.

Thanks,

David_Bn