cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo box

kevcopp99
On our wavelength

My TiVo box keeps randomly switching off & rebooting obviously causing loss of service . No telling when it happens .sometime 2 or 3 times a day .then other times one a weak.as I said it's random .what can I do ? 

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

TV boxes rebooting in this fashion have a fault, that should be reported. You should get a tech visit who will replace the box with a V6 - this runs the same TiVo-software but on a much newer, quicker box with more recording tuners, providing you have VM home broadband.

VM faults are on 150 from a Virgin phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone. VM staff respond on these boards if you don't mind waiting a few days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi kevcopp99,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear your box randomly switches off which effects your services, do you have more than one box, if you do does this happen on all of them, have you checked the setting to make sure nothing is set to time out or go into power save?

Regards

Paul.