cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Forward on Hub 3 modem mode

MSHN
Tuning in

Hi, I am using an eero router with a Hub 3 in modem mode. I have set port forwarding on the eero router for port 87 but this is showing as blocked when I test on https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

I need this port open to receive data on a solar energy app on my iPhone

Any idea how to get ports open - do VM block ports? Do I need a different hub? Any suggestions would be appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the Hub is in modem mode, it just passes through the data, domes not block ports. You need to look at the Eero, especially to see if there is any firewall rules.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the Hub is in modem mode, it just passes through the data, domes not block ports. You need to look at the Eero, especially to see if there is any firewall rules.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

it is unlikely you need port forwarding for this solar energy app on my iPhone

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, thank you for looking at this 

The tech support guys at MyEnergi tell me I need to enable port forward on Port 87

I have set this up and run a test using the above link you sent. Not sure if this port is open? See below

IMG_1509.jpeg

 Would you say 87 is open from the above?

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

some times the browser skips checking a ports so you may have to refresh the page for another pass but in this case the browser has blocked the port for checking

if you run CMD with 

curl bridgemode.bounceme.net:87/connectingout1to999.html

it should show the web page code by port 87

MSHN
Tuning in

Thanks again for the quick reply. I have tried that URL (https://bridgemode.bounceme.net:87/connectingout1to999.html) in terminal (I'm on a mac) and get the response "no such file or directory". I'm probably misunderstanding your suggestion?

MSHN
Tuning in

Also, I have tried a number of port forward tools and most show that ports are closed even those which I know must be open (e.g. port 25) to send email for example. I have tried in safari and firefox

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

The URL for that port will not work as the browser is blocking it so you have to use  curl in CMD