cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
12 REPLIES 12

Cardiffman282
Problem sorter

Most liked comment on the article "I'm amazed that TNT managed to get through to Virgin Media." 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

arrgee1991
Problem sorter

I suppose it is inevitable that TNT Sport will only be available on Discovery plus for £31/month.  Can’t say I would pay that much for the odd Premier League game.  UEFA games are all I have it for, so I guess I could get it from September to November and March to May when needed.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's quite amusing how, despite the article mentioning various TNT sports rights, the headline is football.

If history is anything to go by, these things tend to be resolved after a couple of headline press releases by one side or the other. I'd guess that VM have more to lose than WBD, but repeating the UKTV episode wouldn't be ideal for either side.

Time'll tell.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Greggy
On our wavelength

Evening having just read Virgin and TNT sport are arguing over costs if TNT sports do cut ties with Virgin will the additional charge for TNT be removed automatically or do i have to sort out ?

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No TNT Sports means no TNT Sports. They will be switched off at source & any Premium channel contracts will either be ceased or suspended. You won't be paying for something you don't get. It hasn't happened yet, & might well not.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

The fact is that both parties need each other and TNT will be very aware that failure to agree carriage terms with VM also means few punters being prepared to shell out £30.99pm for the discovery+ Premium plan. I predict that a new deal will get done.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

The fact is that both parties need each other...I predict that a new deal will get done.

Absolutely this. Although WBD could "work around" the loss of linear carriage on VM, it would not be an easy sell and not one either party would want.

There's a lot more to these carriage agreements than most of us probably realise, and I also rather suspect there will be compromise on both sides sooner or later.

OLD_BOY_ASKING
On our wavelength

I am hopeful that these negotiations will not only secure the service for sports fans but also include the Discovery+ streamer.

Discovery+ is the last of the main streamers (apart from NOW, but that is a different story!) that Virgin really does need to get as soon as possible.

Fingers crossed on this one.

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

On the basis of what I've seen happen with other streaming apps, I'm confident that VM will get the discovery+ app on its 360 and Stream boxes.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection