cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How VM can fix web safe for router mode

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

I get people want this not that VM really want to add this to their service but the current solution never seems to work on or off when people want it on or off.

So I have a solution one that is simple and 100% works for your router mode as for modem mode well people are smart enough to do their own and get that working.

Its so simple VM will be kicking themselves as to why they didn't think of doing it in the first place.

So OK you have router mode with DNS 194.168.4.100 and 194.168.8.100 and router mode uses that and is unsafe or normal (or will be when you roll the firmware out for what I'm about to say) then you add a option for router mode for web safe to use other DNS for your devices by DHCP that is web safe like 194.168.4.101 and 194.168.8.101

Simple right?

---------------------------------------------------------------
5 REPLIES 5

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

But that would involve money. 

I'd rather just use my own networking kit, thanks   😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just use Cloudflare DNS servers. 1.1.1.2 / 1.0.0.2 for Websafe equivalent and 1.1.1.3 / 1.0.0.3 for Websafe & Childsafe equivalent.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Well VM current solution involved money and it didn't work like I said its for router mode only

---------------------------------------------------------------

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

There used to be parental control settings in the hub settings but they never "took" for long. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

jk1990
Dialled in

Yeah I found I had dns interception and refusal to use encrypted dns despite it all being off. Turned out it was in fact still on, switching it on, and off, again - fixed it.