cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow virgin media

liz30538
Superfast

For the past 4 days my ipad and iphone has been running very slow it takes a long time to,open the page or an email Even priority won’t open When i phoned VM they said it was because they had been working in my area and had caused this VM also said i needed to reboot the hub which i did but nodifference. They then said they would change me to volt and send a wifi booster free of charge, but until then I’ll have to put up with the slowness
Has anyone else come across this. I live in Newtownabbey Northern Ireland 

3 REPLIES 3

Client62
Legend

First call 0800 561 0061 - use the automated number to see if there is a fault in your street.

Speed test the service to a Router mode Hub(3/4/5) + your device with the link below.
https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

Once the test begins click on: Run full test to see all the stats.

The speed at the Hub should reflect your subscription.
The speed any WiFi device draws data at is limited by its data needs and technical abilities.

Thanks for replying I’ve just called the number and it says there are no issues in my area The rest i have been through with virgin media and it didn’t make any difference

liz30538
Superfast

Chatted with Apple who told me that if VM had been working in my area and it was now resolved i needed to reset my network password I did that and it resolved the problem I feel VM should have been able to tell me that instead of letting me have a really slow internet for 4 days Customer service especially the offshore teams need more training