cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Child Safe not Working!

Tuffymw
Joining in

Hi, 

my virgin media child safe not working for one month! Cannot block the websites not suitable for the child. Anyone know how to fix it? Super frustrating !

7 REPLIES 7

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Tuffymw

We're sorry to hear of the Web Safe and Child Safe issues with your connection, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and welcome to the community.

From checking we can see changes have been made on your side, since posting your query. Did these changes resolve the issue for you?

If not, let us know and we'll be happy to take a closer look.

Rob

Hi, Rob, 

Thanks for your reply it seems solved after the post.

Tuf

Tuffymw
Joining in

Hi, Rob,

I just find the child safe setting is not working again! How frustrating! The day before yesterday, I checked is working.

can you help me with this? Is so annoying and super frustrating!

Tuf

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Whilst waiting for the fix you can manually set the DNS of problem devices to use Cloudflare DNS.  1.1.1.3 and 1.0.0.3. These are Adult and Malware filtering DNS severs

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Tuffymw 

Thanks for coming back to the thread. Sorry to hear it's not working. Do you have any active VPN's?

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Tuffymw
Joining in

Hi, John,

Thanks for your message.

I don’t install vpn for the device. Sometimes I found some website can be blocked but sometimes I found can’t be blocked. 

it’s so annoying!

Thanks for getting back to us @Tuffymw 

Do you find that this happens on just the one device or is it multiple devices?

Ensure that your browsers are all up-to-date as well and try a 60 second pin hole reset on the router. This will revert any customisations back to factory settings and full update the router with firmware/software updates. Please do not reboot the router whilst it is completing the pin hole request.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley