cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Accounts Compromised.

BC75
Joining in

New to Forum Joined Recently.

I am having problems with a blueyonder and virginmedia email accounts, (compromised spam, junk and phishing) being sent out from accounts. How do I stop this happening or arrange for accounts to be deleted? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @BC75,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

We're sorry to hear you're having some trouble with some email accounts and that you fear they may have been compromised. Have you attempted to reset the password on the accounts to something unique and hasn't been used for either of the accounts previously?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @BC75,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

We're sorry to hear you're having some trouble with some email accounts and that you fear they may have been compromised. Have you attempted to reset the password on the accounts to something unique and hasn't been used for either of the accounts previously?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach_R,

Thanks for the useful information I have looked at changing the password and found that I need to go through the process to verify myself etc., so I will now pursue that route.

Many thanks BC75

BC75 Compromised email accounts.

Hi Zach, as suggested regard changing my password. I have followed the VM sheet for "hacked email account" and got to the stage where I am asked to verify myself i.e. change my email to one that is not VM account in order to receive further information. I am not sure how to procced from this point onwards. Any advice would be appreciated, particularly how to apply this to more than one account and will my account log detail change.

BC75

Thanks for trying that @BC75 😊 Sorry it's not helped. I'll be happy to assist further with this. I'll send you a PM to confirm some details so this can be done.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules