cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Virgin Media box

AlexDuffy
Joining in

We've just moved into a new property. 

We have several old wifi 'boxes' on the walls in the bedroom, coming through the front of the house, with cables coming through. 

One of these is Virgin's. It is not being used - we have separately had community fibre wifi installed in a separate room. 

We want to redecorate and get rid of these cables and box on the wall. Is there any guidance to support us in doing this?

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As you are not a VM customer this might be tricky to get them to come and remove things.

The equipment and cables/boxes are safe to remove yourself there is no danger in doing that.

If you can fit a "terminator" on the end of the co-ax cables that disappear into the ground outside that would be the best way to leave it for any future user.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If the outside cable is also in your way and you won't be needing Virginmedia, you can cut it back to your boundary. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi AlexDuffy,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 😊

As it's been mentioned, this isn't typically something we would remove, as it would be left in case the services were wanted in the future.

If however the cabling etc are causing an issue/ health/ trip hazard we can look into this further.

Alex_Rm