cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible Download and Upload Speeds

melvig
Joining in

Hi, I have had terrible download an upload speed since before Christmas. Below is a typical speednet test result that I receive.

My package is 516mb download with 52mb upload, can anyone shed any light as I am not getting what I pay for 😞

5 REPLIES 5

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello melvig.

Thanks for your post and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear about the slow down and upload speeds.

Can we just ask if this is on a wired or non wired device?

Can you also please run a speed test here and let us know what speeds are coming into the Hub?

Do you also have any 3rd party mesh systems with the hub in modem mode?

Look forward to your reply.

Gareth_L

Hi,

Thanks for the reply ... Macbook M1 wireless ... I run the hub in modem mode and connect to an ASUS RT AX82U.

melvig_0-1708550943960.png

Thankyou

Hi @melvig,

Thanks for that. I've checked over things on our systems and I'm unable to detect any faults currently that would explain this.

Is this problem ongoing for you today? If it is, can you perform another speed test and share the results? This time, please remove the third party router from your connection, place our router into router mode and connect to that directly with an Ethernet cable. That'll provide a more accurate reading of the speeds reaching you.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Test by wire without ASUS router and hub in modem mode

check ASUS is not set to do QoS or rate limiting

your speedtest shows your being rate limited

---------------------------------------------------------------

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello again melvig,

Just a quick message to see if you have been able to run a speed test without any 3rd party devices yet?

Gareth_L