cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured No Internet - Hub 4

Jatin
On our wavelength

I have had a new laptop and just can't seem to get it worked with WiFi. It will work completely fine with hotspot from phone.

Tried Hub off + unplug + restart. Just says connected secured but no internet. Trouble shoot says laptop set up correct but no response from DNS......

Any idea how to resolve?

21 REPLIES 21

Client62
Legend

Will the laptop work with the VM Hub via a network cable ?

Jatin
On our wavelength

Sorry for the lateness. Yes it works on Ethernet cable.

Client62
Legend

Connecting via Wi-Fi and then not working is what would be seen if the VM Connect app had been used to pause the Wi-Fi of the laptop.  

It can also be what is seen when a laptop needs to be fully rebooted try :  Shutdown or sign out >>> Restart to clear any issues with the Wi-Fi of the laptop. 

Jatin
On our wavelength

I have checked and it's not paused on VM Connect. Rebooting not worked either.

Jatin
On our wavelength

Could thus laptop be blocked by Virgin Media? How can I find out?

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello, Jatin.
Thanks for reaching out on our help forums and welcome back to the community.

We're sorry to hear of the issues you've been having with connecting your laptop over the Wi Fi recently, glad to see how we can best help with this.

Could you please tell us how you get on and if this has been resolved since your latest post here, by any chance? 
Please, give us a shout if you still need our help.
Regards,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Jatin
On our wavelength

Hello Adri

I still have no luck. I'm having this issue since received a new laptop from work. They have checked and everything is working fine. It works on other WiFi and Ethernet but not on my Virgin WiFi.

So far I have tried resetting, restarting, unplugging, re plugging but no joy. Checked VM Connect and it's not paused. I think it shows connected on VM Connect but can't work out any No Internet, secured.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

You can either rest the hub or put it in modem mode and get your own wifi router with 1Gb ports

@Jatin wrote:

Could thus laptop be blocked by Virgin Media? How can I find out?

Yes VM can do this by firmware update by changing how wifi connects with which can break so wifi devices which is why VM should never do wifi because unlike 3rd party router that do many checks VM don't even ethernet has this problem but it more rare.  

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for giving some advice legacy1, did this help at all? Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?