cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really strange problem

hub223
On our wavelength

Ok, got a s/hub 1, it works well and does what I need it to do.

Over the past couple of days Ive found something really strange, something that I've never came across before.

When I have one computer on, my bbi works find, no issues, this is confirmed by me doing a -t ping test, no packets dropped.

Whenever I switch on my 2nd computer my connections gets lost completely, all pings go to request time out, whenever I switch off my 2nd computer, my connection works again, again this is confirmed by my pings returning.

Both are cable connections and I have never had this issue before.

Any ideas? and have you came across this issue before?

No malware, viruses etc on both computers.

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I would suspect that an old SH1 is on its last legs by now. 

Is it in modem only mode with your own router?

Start by getting it replaced by at least a Hub3 (VM's aim is to remove all SH1/2's off its network asap).   A VM person should be along in a day or two and sort that out for you.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Client62
Legend

Check the IP addresses of the two computers for some crazy reason have they become the same IP ?

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

What happens if PC 2 is on and PC 1 is off?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @hub223,
Thank you for your post and I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your super hub1, I would say as @jbrennand has suggested that it may be on its last legs as I have checked and cannot see what could be causing this. We can get a hub 3 sent out to you to see if this will help. I will pop you over a PM and we can go from there, just keep an eye out for the little envelope 👀📩
Thanks,
Zoie