cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to order a booster?

bigpmc
Tuning in

Is it possible for me to get a booster please? I've had the ultimate oomph bundle installed today and get a poor signal in one of the bedrooms. I went through the virgin media connect app and it gave me an the info (poor signal, optimization didn't work, try a booster) but nowhere to say how to get one. I think I read somewhere I can get one if required with my package? 

Other than that very happy with the service etc,

Thank you

[MOD EDIT: Post split to create own thread]

29 REPLIES 29

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey PatchLatics, thanks for all the posts and replies on our help forums and this thread.
Sorry to hear of this advice on your previous call, we'd like to re-confirm if you're on our 1Gig fibre the WiFi Max service can be added to your package free of charge, exactly as carl_pearce advised above.
Our apologies if the info you've received was conflicting in this instance, if you need any help with ordering a pod please give us a shout and we're here to help.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Good morning, I am new to Virgin Media and just did a Wi-Fi test on the connect app and I have a poor signal in my kitchen and bedroom, how would I get a booster please? I do not see this option in the app even though the customer service person on the phone told me I would. Please help? Thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Mel21 

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I'll drop you a private message now to collect some more information and have these ordered for you, keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

GoNzO
On our wavelength

just did a Wi-Fi test on the connect app and I have a poor signal in my living room and bedroom, how would I get a booster plz

CLick on the pinned post at the top of this board.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

k1r5ty88
Joining in

How do I order a booster ,my internet connection is shocking upstairs 😩

@k1r5ty88 wrote:

How do I order a booster ,my internet connection is shocking upstairs 😩

See the post above yours 😉

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Hello, 

I am also looking to order a Booster but can't find a route to do so via the VM Connect app, I have weaker signal in my office as further from the hub. Please could you help? Thanks.

Karl

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi koorloff87 👋

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're having some trouble ordering a WiFi Pod via the Connect App. Please ensure you have the most up-to-date version of the app. Once you're signed in and connected to the Hub, you will see a "Start the scan" button - clicking this will then provide you with instructions on how to run the test.

If it's identified that you're experiencing slow speeds, and a poor signal, you'll be provided with the option to order WiFi Pods. Please let us know how you get on.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

I'd like booster too. I Haven't been able to do it through connect and it's almost impossible to use my xbox