cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband down 24 hours now

WeeJDoh
Tuning in

Broadband has been down since 5pm Saturday 6th July. The service status pages changes constantly, saying engineers are out to fix it, then they are on their way, then the outage has been identified and raised. It went from 1 issue last night, to 2 this morning, and now it's 3 issues affecting service! Looking at least to be 00:07 tomorrow before a fix is in place, but as the time keeps getting pushed back every couple hours, I hold very little hope.

I work from home and have lost a full day's wage today, which is more than I pay a month for my services. We cannot watch TV either as a broadband connection error notification pops up on screen every few seconds. For an outage to last this length of time is unacceptable, and I am worried I will lose a further day's pay if it's not fixed by the morning. Are Virgin Media going to give me a time when this is 100% going to be sorted by??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

carl_pearce
Community elder

Unfortunately there is no SLA with a residential connection, which means you should have a backup connection if you work from home.

All you have is automatic compensation after a two full working days outage:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

carl_pearce
Community elder

Unfortunately there is no SLA with a residential connection, which means you should have a backup connection if you work from home.

All you have is automatic compensation after a two full working days outage:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What is being reported on the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.

They can rarely give accurate fix times, particularly if you are subject of an issue like this one from a year or two ago.....

VM Cable being repaired.png

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & TNT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi), Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi WeeJDoh,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you've been affected by an area issue. 

The fix times/ dates are estimated, but the engineers on site will aim to resolve things as quickly as possible.

I've had a look at things from our side, and any area issues look to now be resolved.

If you're still having any issues with the service please let us know.

Alex_Rm