cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Your bill is ready" - so send it to me!

vginforum
Dialled in

Why can't they just attach a pdf to the email?

Like 2 utility companies I deal with, two property service agencies, I deal with, Tesco just send an email with my grocery bill. And they all have details of my accounts with them.

This morning I clicked on the link in the VM email. It must be a new page as it didn't remember my stored username and password. Open file where I keep my passwords. Copy/paste into VM web site.

Get three/four screens of sodding spawn of the devil CAPTCHA. Eventually get to my bill and when I click on usage details it gives me totals, not details.

Eventually download pdf bill which I could have been sent in the first place so I can check who I had phoned during the month.

Good old VM - never make things simple if you can avoid it.

And please, nobody mention security - read the beginning of this message

12 REPLIES 12

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, vginforum.
Thanks for taking the time to post on our help forums although I'm sorry to see how you feel about our bills and how we notify you, as well as the way you access those.

We do take your feedback seriously, please rest assured we'll be passing this across to our quality team for future improvements.

In regards to your dissatisfaction about the fact that we do not provide a PDF bill directly to your email, please kindly advise if you want us to help raising your concerns (as seen on our complaints process here) and we can assist with this process from here.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Regards,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

It's not a complaint as such.

Example 1: Octopus Energy send me a bill immediately after I give them my meter reading. It gives a summary and has the detailed bill attached. All I need to do is read the pdf or download it.

Example 2 VM send me a monthly email (no need to give readings, they have them). All the email contains is the monthly total. If I want to know details I have to log in to another web site. Even then the details are not on that page, just line rental and the total of usage charges. I then have to go looking for the details. Nothing there when I press those links. Then find the link for the pdf of the bill. Have to download that.

All I am saying is if you have got the detailed bill attach it to the email and that's that. No more faffing about

Hello vginforum.

Thank you for your feedback.

We can pass this over to the relevant team to see if it can be improvised for the future.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Gareth_L

vginforum
Dialled in

And we got a change. Email saying my bill is ready to download. Oh, no change there. But 'click this link'...

Not to my account but a new link. One not in my saved passwords. So I have to open my file of passwords, copy/paste username and password into new link just to see my bill.

Octopus Energy send me a message - attached please see your bill. So easy, so simple

Thank you for letting us know Vginforum, we will be passing this on to our relevant team.

This is a good idea and we will see if this can be implemented in the future. 

Let us know if you need help with anything else. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

vginforum
Dialled in

Thank you. We can but wait

vginforum
Dialled in

Well that went well. Absolutely no change.

Can it really be so hard for a major tech supplier to attach one item to an email. I could show them how if needed

Hi vginforum, 

Thanks for popping back to us in the Community. We have fed your feedback to the relevant teams but just so you know, this doesn't mean any changes will be implemented. The team review and collate the feedback received and use it to identify areas that can be improved. 

As it stands, there are no changes to the way we issue billing reminders but if a change is implemented in future, we'll be sure to update you. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@Kath_F 

If there's a change in the future you won't need to inform the user, they'll get it in their email!

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.