cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can connect to my virgin media

whichever
Tuning in

i can connect to virgin media but not to my virgin media for some reason it works fine on my mobile and i can connect to all other web sites it states that virgin media have closed the connection ive tried all other things like rebooting hub and laptop ive cleaned the cache and everything else is it the hub or my laptop thanks for any help

21 REPLIES 21

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello whichever

Sorry to hear of the connection issues, we appreciate you raising this via the forums.

Just to confirm, is it the online account you're struggling to connect to using your home connection but is fine when using mobile data. Is the 'Virgin Media have closed the connection' the only error you get?

Do you have another device you can use via your home network to see if this is due to the network or the device? Are you running any VPN's on the laptop and does turning these off help resolve the issue?

Hi Robert not using any vpns the only error is the one I'm getting  I don't have another device to use its just I cannot access my virgin media on my laptop its OK on my mobile have tried everything no trouble at all getting Internet pages

Hi @whichever, thank you for your response.

Have you tried accessing the My Virgin Media website on various different browsers on your laptop? If so, can you please confirm which ones?

Regards,
Daniel

whichever
Tuning in

none of them work its still the same

Can you clear your browsers cookies/cache to see if this helps? @whichever 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Done all that no difference

Can you send us a screenshot of the error you're getting?

Alex_Rm

whichever
Tuning in

whichever_288-1722191005916.pngwhichever_289-1722191006463.pngwhichever_291-1722191006515.png

whichever_290-1722191006512.png

Can you please make sure pops up are allowed. 

Is that browser fully updated also?

Are any other websites not working or is just this one?

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?